Tuesday 27 May 2008

Fresh starts, and all that

So, here we go again.

It all got a bit much, you see. Too many people I know knew my blog. People I didn't particularly want to read it. People like, say, my assistant at work. Hmm. I've been promoted, you see, and I now manage a team of two. So I feel I need to separate myself somehow from Ms _ at work who has to be all professional and set a good example and things, and remember how to be Surly Girl, who rants and whines and vents and actually helps her head to shut the fuck up, already, by spilling all my crap onto an unsuspecting interwebs.

And, I need the freedom to talk about anything without fear of retribution. About how work delights and horrifies me in equal measure these days. About my upcoming wedding. About the Other Half and my Middling Person, who turned eight (eight!!) on Sunday. And about all the shit I am still, at the ripe-old age of thirty-five, carrying aroud with me. About how I am waking the Other Half up at night with the sound of grinding teeth. About how my family can still instantly make me revert to a sad, lonely little girl. About how depsite the meds I am depressed. About how sometimes that really high bridge over the river seems inviting. Sometimes.

And, of course, about how much I adore David Hasselhoff and loathe loathe LOATHE the sound of Scott Mills. Really. He makes my teeth itch.

So.

Here we are again then. Whether anyone's along for the ride or not, I'm going back to basics.

Good lord.

11 comments:

claire said...

Ah, well ok then. I didn't realize you were moving along... right into another blog. I take back what i said about missing your writing.

Glad to see you haven't given it up for good.

H said...

I'm along.

Colin said...

You'll not get rid of me that easily.

Although, as I'm not a blogger, I have to resort to a gurglemail addy.


Dill Bore :p

Holly said...

Woot, I'm here! Good work Surly

longcat said...

i understand, sometimes you have to make a space where certain people won't read it... very glad you're still out there (here) x glad to be in x

llewtrah said...

I've made it to your new home. I am careful not to post about my current work/colleagues.

C said...

yay for all new blogs and the freedom from real-life fuckwits knowing where they are.

Slipstream said...

I just started my new one today too.

Feels...like fresh cotton sort of.

the Beep said...

Gosh it's a bit crowded her after all. Wooo! Love a party

the Beep said...

er, here

♥ Braja said...

Good on you. A big dropkick to all who would complain, out with the old, in with the new. How do you manage to keep your old friends? My word verification was "eatiness." Beat that.